Wednesday, April 19, 2017

200 Word RPG Challenge 2017

Hey! I haven't posted on here in literally three years, and I'm probably not going to start updating regularly now. But, if anyone gets directed here from the 200 Word RPG Challenge, I thought I'd let you know I still exist. You can find my Fate Core game Strange Voyages on DriveThruRPG, and I'm currently working on a Cortex Plus game that originated during National Game Design Month 2016, tentatively titled Seeds of Memory. When I get that done, I'll be posting about it here. In the meantime, here's the full content of my entry to the 200 Word RPG Challenge.

COLORING OUTSIDE THE LINES OF REALITY

You are all-powerful, multi-dimensional children, playing pretend with your favorite reality.

There is no GM and players control a fantasized version of themselves. Each player starts with 3 “nuh-uh!” tokens.

Agree on a genre or situation. Decide randomly who takes the first “turn.” The turn-taker has narrative control. They frame a scene and define each player as a specific character in it. The turn-taker MUST start the scene by saying “pretend [X happens].” At any time, the turn-taker can end their turn and the player to their left goes next.

When a player narrates an event, no other player can deny it happened without a “nuh-uh” token. You can change or escalate the conflict. The sky’s the limit! Go over the top. Mix genres. Channel your inner eight-year-old.

A player can deny a narration by spending a “nuh-uh!” token. You MUST say “nuh-uh! That’s not what happens!” Then narrate what ACTUALLY happens. Now it’s your turn.

After all “nuh-uh!” tokens have been spent, each player gets to narrate one more action to wrap up the story. Discuss and vote who was COOLEST during the story. That player wins!

No comments :

Post a Comment